All customers shall apply for utility service at the main office
of Municipal Utilities.
Customers may be required to make a deposit.
AMOUNT OF DEPOSITS:
Residential Accounts - One and a half times the average monthly
bill figured on the previous fiscal year. The deposit may be waived
for renters who provide a letter of credit from another utility
company or if they have a minimum of twelve months' good credit
history with Municipal Utilities.
Commercial and Industrial Accounts - One and a half times the average
monthly bill figured on the previous fiscal year. Exemption: Governmental
agencies, companies with Dunn and Bradstreet rating, company-owned
chains or manufacturing stores (not franchises) listed with Fortune
500, companies who are expanding who have a good credit history,
and industrial customers who are transferring.
Temporary Service to Local Customers - No deposit for customers
who have a good credit history. A deposit of $650.00 will be required
for a fire hydrant meter. This deposit is refunded when the meter
We have a budget billing plan that is available to eligible
customers which allows them to pay their utility bills in equal
monthly payments. To be eligible a customer must:
1. Be a residential customer.
2. Have had service connected at the present service location for
the twelve preceding months.
3. Have good credit history for the twelve preceding months.
Municipal Utilities reserves the right to put into operation
policies and procedures for disputed accounts, time payment plans
and involuntary termination of utility service.
Meters of Municipal Utilities shall be read on or about the
same day of the month in each cycle and in a sequence that will
cause as near as possible billings to be rendered for periods of
thirty to thirty-one days of service delivered.
All bills are considered due and payable upon receipt of bill.
Municipal Utilities applies a ten (10%) percent penalty on electric,
water and cable bills paid after the penalty date. A night
deposit box is available to the public on the front of the building
at 3000 North Westwood Blvd. You may also pay your bill at First
Midwest Bank (all four locations), Calhoun's Food Rite, Kroger Food
Store and Poplar Bluff Federal Credit Union (2 locations).
Municipal Utilities shall have an authorized employee available
during business hours to receive and respond to customer disputes.
Any customer who is dissatisfied with the decision of the authorized
employee shall have the right to appear before the Municipal Utilities
Municipal Utilities has a time payment plan available for persons
whose accounts have become delinquent due to, but not limited to,
illness or other personal disaster. Arrangements can be made with
our Collection Agent. Time payment shall equal seventeen percent
of the arrears bills plus current bills until the account is paid
in full. A ten percent penalty will be charged for each month's
service(s) until the account is paid in full.
The following are the terms and conditions for use of City Cable Internet, internet service for use with your login name (each feature individually and collectively referred to as the "Service" or "City Cable Internet"). The consumer for Internet access or service is hereafter referred to as "end-user". Please read them carefully.
The Service is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein.
A. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY
To open and account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as required by the Registration Form. You then will choose a password and an account name. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify City Cable Internet immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
It is City Cable Internet's policy to respect the privacy of its members. City Cable Internet will not edit, sell, trade, lease or disclose any personal information about you or your use of the Service, including its contents, without your prior permission unless City Cable Internet has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of City Cable Internet; (3) enforce the COS; or (4) act to protect the interests of its members or others. You agree that City Cable Internet may access your account, including its contents, as stated above and below or to respond to service or technical issues.
1. City Cable Internet exercises no control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through its system. City Cable Internet makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing. City Cable Internet also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. City Cable Internet will not be responsible for any damage you suffer. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries, or service interruptions caused by City Cable Internet or by your own errors or omissions. Use of any information obtained via City Cable Internet is at your own risk. City Cable Internet specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its services.
2. City Cable Internet may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission of any material in violation of any US or state regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene, material protected by trade secret, destructive software (computer worm, virus, trojan horse). If any of the said data or material is detected on customer web sites or passing through their connection to the City Cable Network, their access to the network may be interrupted without notice. The use of port scanning software or other similar devices are strictly prohibited and may result in account termination. Attempts to probe or gain illegal access to City Cable Internet equipment or systems including but not limited to other City Cable Internet users may result in legal actions and or account termination. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless City Cable Internet from any claims resulting from your use of the service which damages you or another party.
3. Any access to other networks connected to City Cable Internet must comply with the rules appropriate for that other network. Connectivity is provided for yourself or organization only. Resale or use of the connection by another user or organization is prohibited.
4. City Cable Internet will immediately terminate any account which it believes, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any spam or other unsolicited bulk email. Use of bulk mailing programs for any purpose on the City Cable Internet network are prohibited and shall be classified as spamming. Marketing e-mail must be sent through the City Cable Internet network only to individuals or groups that have specifically contacted you, the subscriber, and personally requested information. The use of e-mail address lists obtained from third parties are prohibited.
5. City Cable Internet requires a minimum of one month service. Payment is due as of invoice date. Accounts are in default and subject to a late fee if payment is not received. If any payment is returned with insufficient funds, your account is immediately in default and subject to a returned check charge from City Cable Internet. Accounts unpaid 30 days after date of invoice may have their service interrupted at the discretion of City Cable Internet and a reconnect fee will be applied to your account. Such interruption does not relieve you from the obligation to pay the monthly charge. Only a formal request to terminate your service relieves you of your obligation to pay the monthly charge. YOUR BALANCE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCRUE UNTIL WE RECEIVE SUCH NOTICE. If you default, you agree to pay City Cable Internet its reasonable expenses, including collection agency fees, incurred in enforcing its rights under these Conditions of Service.
6. City Cable Internet reserves the right to change the rates and otherwise modify these Conditions of Service. Payments to City Cable Internet are non-refundable. No refunds will be given for canceled accounts unless the account is clearly defective and non-working. Cancellations of accounts are to be made by postal mail and will terminate at the end of the account period.
7. City Cable Internet assumes no responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, send or receive email messages or any files or images that are accessed through City Cable Internet equipment.
8. City Cable Internet may discontinue any or all levels of service at its discretion.
9. City Cable Internet may cancel your account without refund if you violate these Terms and Conditions.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF CITY CABLE INTERNET IS AT USER'S SOLE RISK. CITY CABLE INTERNET IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. CITY CABLE INTERNET EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. CITY CABLE INTERNET MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT ITS SERVICE WILL MEET USER'S REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT IT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES CITY CABLE INTERNET MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF ITS SERVICES OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH CITY CABLE INTERNET. USER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF CITY CABLE INTERNET IS AT USER'S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT USER WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO USER'S COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. CITY CABLE INTERNET MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH CITY CABLE INTERNET OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH CITY CABLE INTERNET. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY A USER FROM CITY CABLE INTERNET OR THROUGH CITY CABLE INTERNET SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
11. Limitation of Liability
CITY CABLE INTERNET SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE CITY CABLE INTERNET OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH CITY CABLE INTERNET OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF USER'S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF CITY CABLE INTERNET HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
User agrees to indemnify and hold City Cable Internet , their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of User's use of City Cable Internet, the violation of these Conditions of Service by User, or the infringement by User, or any other user of User's account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
13. Applicable Law
These Conditions of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions.
14. These Conditions of Service supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with conditions of service of any order submitted. City Cable Internet reserves the right to change the COS or policies regarding the use of the Service at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of the COS on City Cable Internet web site and or making them available from our billing office. Additionally, you may call or write to request a current copy of the conditions of service be faxed, e-mailed or mailed to you via US Postal mail. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the COS. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
C. TIERS OF SERVICE
1. City Cable Internet provides four tiers of residential service (Business rates are higher, please
see Pricing and Packages for details).
Tier 1 service provides up to 1024K download and up to 512K upload and costs $29.95 (twenty nine dollars and ninety five cents).
Tier 2 service provides up to 3072K download and up to 1536K upload and costs $39.95 (thirty nine dollars and ninety five cents).
Tier 3 service provides up to 5120K download and up to 1536K upload and costs $49.95 (forty nine dollars and ninety five cents).
Tier 4 service is designated for special needs and evaluated and approved or denied on a case by case basis.
Speed, services, and costs for Tier 4 are determined by City Cable Internet and may require a dedicated fiber cable connection
between City Cable Internet and that business or special needs user.
2. City Cable Internet requires the use of a cable modem supplied by City Cable Internet to access Internet services through City Cable.
This modem is rented to you, the subscriber, and will be billed at $5.00 (Five Dollars) per month.